Enhanced Athlete have created CODE RED, a fat burner that claims to have low amounts of caffeine to boost your ability to burn fat through its metabolism raising ingredients, however, this is not completely true.
This is a strange claim, as they suggest taking caffeine such as tea or coffee with CODE RED. Which makes those claims pointless – Don’t know about you, but I’m confused already.
It also contains a very aggressive ingredient called yohimbine, which acts in the same way as caffeine.
The problem with yohimbine is, it’s been linked to the cause of death in a number of regular healthy gym goers. So as you can see, it’s not going to be on our Favorite Fat Burner List anytime soon.
With my rant out of the way, let’s have look at the claims CODE RED says it offers.
Benefits of CODE RED
- Improved Energy
- Faster Metabolism
- Adrenaline Booster
In the words of Enhanced Athlete, CODE RED is; “The most effective OTC stubborn fat loss burner ever created.” That’s a mighty bold claim when they say you should be drinking caffeine alongside taking this fat burner for it to work properly. You’d have thought if it was good enough on it’s own, they wouldn’t need to make those suggestions right?
A Little About The Company
It looks like Enhanced Athlete create workouts enhancers, sexual performance boosters, vitamins, endurance aids, and clothing, among other supplements.
They also have many sponsored athletes promoting their products. The products look a little cheap and quickly put together. And the packaging is not appealing to the eye. Overall, it’s a mid range company that offer mid range products at higher prices.
Perhaps the testosterone boosters might be worth a try. But straight off the bat, there are some things that I don’t like about the ingredients in the fat burner.
A Closer Look – What’s Inside
Looking through the main ingredients, CODE RED contains some useful properties that will help to give your metabolism a boost, along with a brain boosting lift from the added amino acids – Let’s run through the top ingredients;
L-Tyrosine – This is a nootropic that will stimulate your mind and help to give you a boost in your workouts. Ideally, it’s used to help you study or work better, but no real use for fat loss.
Green Coffee Extract – Idea for stopping your body hold on to glucose in the liver, which means you can burn body-fat instead of glucose as energy.
Theobroma – Also known as coca extract. This will help your cardiovascular system work more efficiently along with giving you a boost of energy much like caffeine.
Green Tea Extract – A well known fat burning ingredient that is full of healthy and detoxifying catechins. It will also increase your metabolism to help you burn more calories while in and out of the gym.
L-Carnatine – A form of amino acid. This has similar simulating effects as caffeine. it will slightly increase your overall metabolic rate adding to caloric expenditure.
It’s worth pointing out that some of these ingredients are not so beneficial to fat loss on a large scale, their effect for losing weight are minimal. Also, their is one in particular that is known to aggravate and cause side effects.
- Synephrine – AKA Bitter Orange Peel. This is an aggressive stimulant that will boost metabolism, but also trigger side effects and aggravate symptoms of nausea.
- Yohimbine – Another aggressive ingredient that will cause your body to release adrenaline. This is okay for short periods, but not for long term health.
- Choline Biteratrate – Stimulant just like caffeine.
- Potassium – Great if you are working out a lot as the potassium is god for overall health, but why not just eat a banana?
- Vintamine B5 – Good for immune health and a health working metabolism.
- Vitamin C – Another good addition to anyone’s diet, but again, why not just eat an orange?
There are possible side effects from the use of bitter orange peel. It could aggravate symptoms of nausea and in some rare cases, vomiting.
How To Use
Enhanced Athlete have two recommendations. One for athletes, and another for beginners.
- Competition Athletes should experienced with this product. As Enhanced Athlete says “under the supervision of a physician” take 3-4 capsules before fasted cardio. Then 3 capsules another time during the day. Both times should be in a fasted state with caffeine. Meaning they want you to take caffeine (tea or coffee) with this fat burner, what’s the point? it should already contain it.
- Beginners or not under the supervision of a physician: It’s advised to take half of one capsule without any added caffeine to access your tolerance. After you have gone to loads of effort to monitor your heart and blood pressure, and assessing tolerance under the supervision of a physician, you can then increase the dosage to 2 capsules with caffeine.
Where Can I Buy It?
You can buy it direct from v2.enhancedathlete.com – or alternatively you can buy it from Amazon.com
How Much Does It Cost?
It cost roughly £34.99 for 30 servings 120 capsules.
Really, on a whole, I think it’s a bit of a joke. The recommended usage means you have to assess your blood pressure and heart rate constantly to test your tolerance, and under the supervision of a physician. I ask! who has the time for this? Certainly not myself.
Apart from the unrealistic conditions they want people to test CODE RED, it contains some ingredients that have no real benefit to fat loss, including some that can aggravate side effects such as nausea and heart palpitations.
Right now, I cannot recommend this product as it’s not clear on what you’ll get from the outcome, and the testing scenario makes me skeptical to its safety, however, you can always see our Top 3 and compare for yourself our best fat burner reviews.